Monday, June 23, 2014

Welcome, New 3rd Grade Families!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer so far!

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I've added two new tabs, for Summer Homework (just in case anyone needs a new copy), and some "Summer Tips for Parents". Thank you for stopping by the blog. Please feel free to browse through past posts to see what might be in store for next year, too! (Note- I'm rearranging my unit sequences for next year, so some events will be moved around and/or replaced with something new!)

My name is Angela Gausman, and this will be my 7th year at CHPCS (5th year in 3rd grade)! Before joining my Cascade Heights family, I taught in Washington in 1st and 5th grades, as a reading specialist, and as a substitute teacher. I LOVE teaching at CHPCS, and third grade really is my favorite age to teach. It's an exciting year of personal development as students grow to be more independent, deep thinkers. 
For the past 6 years, I have taught 8th grade math (algebra 1& 2, and Course 3). While I have enjoyed working with the older students, I am really excited this year to be teaching Saxon Intermediate 4 to my own third grade class! I think we are going to have a wonderful year of exploration and mathematical thinking! 

I have my B.S. in Elementary Education, and am currently working on my Master's in Curriculum and Instruction. I have about a year and a half left in my program, but I've learned some exciting things that I'm looking forward to implementing in our classroom next year. 

I am married and have two sons, ages 12 and 15, and two step-children, ages 10 and 11. We also have  two cats and a hamster (Minerva lives in our classroom during the school year:). During the summer, we do a lot of hiking and camping, and beach-visiting. I also enjoy reading and playing tennis as often as I can.  This summer I'm working full time on my M.S, so we're squeezing fun things in the best we can! 


I'm looking forward to meeting you all in the fall. Please feel free to drop me an email or comment here to introduce yourself, your student, or your family!   Don't forget to "Subscribe" to the blog with the button on the right to have new posts delivered to your email inbox automatically!

Happy summer!

Mrs. Gausman


No comments:

Post a Comment